Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snowy Roads

There's one thing that really boggles my mind... Why are the lines on the road white? because when you think about it, its probably the stupidest idea ever! Especially in the winter. SNOW IS WHITE and so is ROAD SALT, so driving at night, in the middle of a snow storm, is extremely difficult! We seriously need better transportation planners.

I personally DESPISE slow drivers (on a perfectly normal day), but I totally understand winter driving is difficult so please drive slow and be safe (no sarcasm). And forgive me if I am driving about 10km under the speed limit.

Of course there are those idiots who have a pair of snow tires and think they are invincible, To those CRAZY drivers out there who tail me or cut me off when its a DOWN HILL SLOPE: YOU PEOPLE ARE INSANE! Clearly some North Americans do not understand the dangers of winter driving. If you are in a rush (unless your significant other is in labor) PLAN AHEAD! DON'T drive like a maniac and harm others!

I just like to point out, the snow/weather really isn't the cause of traffic accidents its CRAZY "I THINK I AM INVINCIBLE" Drivers!

1 comment:

jsnflk said...

my guess is that when there's snow, you can't see yellow either, but the white is reflective at night, and yellow is so warm and soothing that it may confuse peeps. + isn't white lines more severe than yellow, like u can sorta cross yellow ones whenever you feel like, but white ones (esp like solid ones) people aren't 'supposed' to treat them lightly