Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas

Growing up, next to my birthday Christmas had always been the most exciting holiday of the year, it was always exciting to put up the tree and decorate it. As a kidI would beg my parents to put up the tree and I would go hang the stockings and my parents would decorate the lights. I even went as far as decorating my staircase, which no one saw (unless they came into the house), and I would always wake up super early on Christmas day with my family to open gifts. But as I got older I grew to hate this holiday more and more.

I think it started in grade 11 or 12? I can't remember. I just remember bad things happening around Christmas, not like life changing bad things, but just little things that added up to make me remember the season as angry, fights, and unhappiness.

Even the presents don't help, it's no longer exciting to unwrap my gifts. Maybe I just grew up? or Christmas for me is just a time for fighting and unnecessary drama. I have even made an effort to try to like Christmas again. But I still can't find anything to like about it. It's a rather depressing time of year for me. I'll still try to make the most of it.

1 comment:

jsnflk said...

aw pumpkin ... I feel sorta the same way and especially any major holiday... It's my dysfunctional family haha